Starbucks Fun Facts!
Ummm.. We can all agree that Starbucks is the end all, be all of beautifully satisfying caffeinated drinks. You probs hit up your local Sbux on the reg to get your favorite latte, frapp, smoothie, or whatever other yummy caffeinated drink you’re in the mood for. And don’t even get us started on all the seasonal drinks that should be in our lives at all times but aren’t (pumpkin spice latteeeeeee). You probs think you know every single thing about Starbucks, since you’re there, like, all the time, but hear are tall the crazy-cool facts you never knew about your fave cafe!
1. The Trenta size is actually bigger than your stomach! It holds 916 milliliters of coffee, but the average stomach capacity is only 900 ml. Which basically means you won’t be drinking this thing in one sitting (unless you have a super stomach or something). Not that you want to — all that caffeine isn’t good for anyone to have in one sitting.
2. In late 2013, Starbucks sold limited-edition gold cards with actual gold in them! They cost $450, and as ridiculous as that price tag sounds, the cards actually sold out in seconds!
3. The pumpkin spice latte is so popular, it has its own TWITTER ACCOUNT with nearly 83,000 followers. It’s waiting on its official verification though (*majorly side-eyeing Twitter ).
4. Starbucks’ original name was going to be Pequod after a whaling ship from the classic book Moby-Dick. Luckily, one genius co founder said, “No one’s going to drink a cup of Pee-quod!” They named the company after the chief mate on the Pequod, Starbuck, instead. We have to say it was DEF the right choice.
5. A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine in it...Which means you should just skip the Red Bull during those late-night study seshes, since that’s over four times the amount of caffeine in the energy drink.
6. Starbucks is Facebook’s MVP. It was the first brand EVER to reach 10 million likes on Facebook!
7. Starbucks’ solo round tables aren’t just a cute design choice. They’re meant to make people feel less lonely! (because there are no empty seats at a round table). And here we thought they were just to make it okay for us to take up a whole table with all our gear and not feel like the world hates us.
8. There are currently 21,536 Starbucks stores around the world! Mind-blowing, right? What’s even crazier? From 2010 to today, there were 4,678, which is an average of over 2.5 new stores a day!
9. That’s why it probs won’t surprise you that if you travel from Boston through New York to Philadelphia, you will never be more than 10 miles away from a Starbucks! They’re literally everywhere.
10. The average Starbucks customer visits the store about six times a month. But if you’re particularly obsessed with Sbux, the top 20% of Starbucks customers visit the store at least 16 times every month.
11. If you thought your Starbucks was closed, don’t be so sure! Starbucks actually has a 10-minute rule, which means the stores open 10 minutes before the posted time and close 10 minutes after they’re supposed to. So you still have some time to get your latte if you hurry!
12. The most popular drink across the U.S is a regular coffee, but each city in the U.S. has its favorite special Starbucks drink. Portland, Oregon loves the eggnog latte. Phoenix, Arizona is all about the iced caramel macchiatto; and Memphis, Tennessee can’t get enough of that white chocolate mocha. Our fave is, without a doubt, the pumpkin spice latte, obvs.
13. $925 billion in Starbucks gift cards are activated every year. You could buy over 200 BILLION frappuccinos with that money!
14. The company once claimed that there were over 87,000 different possible drink combinations at Starbucks! Which pretty much means you’ll never, ever get to experience every glorious one, because even if you got two drinks every day, it would take you more than 119 years to try them all. *tear*
Starbucks addicts, unite! Leave me a comment and let me know your favourite Starbucks order!