2018 Is In The Air!
From Halloween, Thanksgiving to Hanukkah and Christmas, there’s no shortage of things to celebrate during the holiday season. New Year’s Eve is arguably the best part of the season since it’s basically just a non-stop party. As soon as Oct rolls around the next few months are a blur of festive parties where you dress up, loads and loads of food, celebrating with friends, and toasting with champagne, it’s hard not to enjoy all the festivities that go along with this time of year.
New Year’s is kind of the last big ‘Holiday season’ celebration and it tends to be the most anticipated… And with that being said I will post my annual New Year’s resolution (something about making it public makes it seem more real, or maybe I just like to share my thoughts, I mean I do have a blog about my life after all)!
Before I dive in, I should mention that I checked off everything I wanted to do in 2017 aside from meeting a Kardashian… Although I did meet a Jenner, does that count? 🙂
I probably shouldn’t write this while sitting on the beach in Mexico after one too many cocktails but here it goes..
Goals For 2018!
- I’d love to read more books. I know that seems like a dumb resolution but I usually read articles or listen to audible books… but I love sitting down with an actual hard copy book and for some reason I only seem to do that while traveling… I want to make it a goal to read one hard copy book a month! I mean that’s only 12 books. Sounds do-able?
2. I’d also like too implement more meditation into my daily life, or even weekly. I need more Muse time!
3. I’d love to volunteer more. That was a goal of mine last year and I did do a lot of volunteer work while traveling but I’d love to get involved with more organizations in my own city.
4. I want to take my business to the next level and devote more time to my passion projects! I took it pretty easy this year on the business front but I’m ready to jump back in now that Kareem is a little older.
5. I want to cook more, I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. But I’d love to try new recipes and bake more with Kareem at home.
and lastly just work on improving and growing as a person in every aspect of my life…. I know these aren’t crazy resolutions but it’s all about self growth. Little steps lead to big changes!
I want to thank all of you, my readers for sticking with me! I hope you all have an amazing New Year and we make 2018 the best year yet! 🙂